NEX- No extinction is a NGO dedicated to the defense and preservation of wild cats threatened by extinction.
The Fazenda Preto Velho where this project is settled, is located about 80 km outside Brasília.
We leave at 9 a.m. (from a meeting point, sharing cars) and return around 5 p.m.
– 9.30 a.m. Welcome coffee with explications to the project’s dedication and work
– tour through the huge area guided by Rogerio who presents each wild cat and tells us its story behind
– free time for a refreshing bath at a nearby waterfall within the fazenda’s territory, for relaxing in one of the hammocks or for visiting the araras’ area
– lunch prepared by the social project “Onças ajudando gente” (“Wild cats helping people”), from the neighbour village Aparecida de Loiola, and its cook Patricia.
– show time!! The tutors feed the animals demonstrating the brutal change of behaviour of the wild cats while being feeded. Great experience!
– snack and time for exchanging experiences and asking more questions.
– T-Shirts and other souvenirs can be purchased, the net profit of the sales also helps to finance this project.
– 3.30 p.m. end of visit
Tickets (cash only):
Adults – R$ 100,00
Children – R$ 50,00 (6 to 10)
Children below 5 years of age are free
General conditions & remarks:
– reservations with HOM-ing (by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating complete names and age of participants)
– for groups, the minimum number of participants is 15 (max. 40); single persons may be included in other groups (ask us for dates and availability)
– latest booking and final confirmation by the fazenda will be 4 days before date
– the tickets have to be paid in cash
– drinks are not included in the price, except one caipirinha / person served as a welcome cocktail
– pets are not allowed
– 4×4 wheels cars are not necessary, – although it is recommended not to use a car of low wheel-base